Are those love handles driving you up the wall? Maybe your skinny jeans are just a little too tight? These are problems that every woman struggles with at some point in their lives. It is so frustrating to feel uncomfortable in a bathing suit or to feel uncomfortable trying on new clothes. The feeling of self-consciousness and discomfort is awful and lowering.
You could be totally fine with how you look right now and just want to tighten up. Maybe you are prepping for a competition or a special occasion. These moves will be beneficial to you as well.
The fat blasting moves below can be scaled down to beginner level or sky-rocketed to advanced. Just remember, you get what you put in. If you put 100% into these moves and challenge yourself, you will see results. If you just go through the motions, don’t bother.
1Hanging Leg Raises
Hanging leg raises are among the most difficult ab exercises out there. If you are a beginner, go with a hanging knee raise, which will tone down the intensity. If you are advanced, try adding some weight between your feet. This move will rip your midsection from top to bottom!
1. Hang from a pull up bar with your legs together.
2. Make sure that your upper back is engaged to protect your shoulders.
3. Contract your lower abs to bring your feet up until they are perpendicular to your hips.
4. Slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
1. Keep your core engaged throughout the entire movement.
2. Do not swing. The point of the movement is to lift and lower your legs by contracting your core.
3. Keep your legs tight together to keep the tension on the lower abs!
2 Swiss Ball Pike
Swiss Ball Pikes are an insanely effective move for toning those lower abs while also giving your entire core a workout. Not to mention you will feel a little shoulder burn if you do this move right!Since the ball forces you to utilize and work on your balance, your entire core is engaged. Fat burning city!
1. Position yourself so that the tops of your feet are resting on the Swiss ball. You might need to readjust until you find the right position.
2. Engage your core and send your hips up towards the sky.
3. Continue to send your hips high until your toes are on the ball.
4. Slowly roll back out to the starting position.
1. Keep your core engaged throughout the entire movement.
2. Keep your upper back engaged to stay stable.
3. Go slow and controlled, this is not a movement that you move through quickly.
4. Send your hips high by contracting your abs. Don’t just stick your butt in the air!
3 Plank Alternating Knee to Elbow
Whew baby! This move is core city! When you want to get rid of that muffin top, you need to focus on strengthening the entire core. The plank alternating knee to elbow will hit your entire core while putting a focus on those obliques. Those obliques are going to look sweet in that bikini!
1. You can perform this move in either a high or low plank, whichever is your preference!
2. Set-up in plank position.
3. Exhaling, draw one knee up until your knee touches just above your elbow.
4. On an inhale, place that foot back.
5. Repeat on the other side, alternating until set has been completed.
1. Keep you core tight.
2. Push your heels towards the back of the room, which will help you keep your back flat.
3. Create the mind-muscle connection in the obliques when you bring your knee up.
4. Be sure to keep that butt down and the back flat!
5. Look about five inches out in front of your hands. This keeps your neck in line with your spine.
4 Reverse Crunches
Reverse crunches will ensure that the lower belly pooch is history! This exercise really focuses on the lower abs, which is a definite problem area for almost all women, especially those who have had kids. The key to this exercise is creating a solid and strong mind-muscle connection. Do not rush this movement.
1. Start lying on your back with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
2. Contract your lower abs, lifting your butt and lower back off the floor.
3. Slowly lower back to the starting position.
1. Contract your abs to pull your butt and lower back off the floor. Do not press into your hands, that is cheating!
2. Keep the movement slow and controlled so that you get a good burn.
3. Do not roll your knees back towards your head. You want to send your knees up towards the sky to really activate the lower abs.
5 Weighted Russian Twists
Mixing in a few weighted abdominal moves is an excellent way to really tone up that midsection. If weighted Russian twists are too much for you, go ahead and complete the movement unweighted. This movement will really focus on those obliques!
1. Sit on your butt with your back flat and your feet off the floor, knees at a 90 degree angle.
2. Hold a kettlebell in your hands.
3. Touch the kettlebell to the floor on one side of you, without lowering your legs.
4. Without pausing in the middle, touch the kettlebell to the other side.
5. Continue for set number of reps.
1. Keep your core tight so that your balance stays steady.
2. Keep that back flat!
3. Focus on squeezing the obliques when the kettlebell touches the floor on both sides.
4. If this move is too difficult, you can either drop the weight or place your feet on the floor.
6 Weighted Full Body Crunch
This is a full ab ripper. You will hit the lower and upper abs with the weighted full body crunch. Get ready to show off your hard work in that bikini! Again, if this move is too difficult for you, just drop the weight!
1. Lay on the floor with a kettlebell in your hands.
2. Stretch your legs out straight and your arms over your head.
3. Let your feet hover about 3 inches above the ground.
4. Contract your abs, bringing your legs and arms in until the kettlebell is above your knees. You should look like a little ball.
5. Slowly return to the starting position.
1. Keep your core tight and your neck in a neutral position.
2. When this move becomes too easy, bump the weight up.
3. Move slowly through this exercise.
4. Be warned: extreme discomfort may be caused the next day by doing this exercise! Be prepared when you go to reach for your coffee mug in the morning!
These 6 fat blasting moves for a flat belly will give you unreal results if you put the effort in! Keep your movements slow and your energy focused in your abs. Exhale through the hard part of the exercise. Modify as needed. Your body will become your new pride and joy in those crop tops or that skimpy bikini!